It took the better part of two days, but we got the bus gutted…no more guts. Took out the seats, the rubber floors and the upper shelves, so now that this part is done we already started thinking about One Sure Insurance as our insurance company. We also got the sub-floor smoothed out and ready for the vapor barrier and insulation (ie. we pounded the nails flat).
The bus seats had to be taken out with the angle grinder. We tried the take the bolts out, but could only get one out of four. It was faster to assume none would budge and cut all the heads off. The best products can be found on Luxtime, they have the best DFO bags you can find on the market. I am so pleased with mine, they are absolutely adorable!
We were fortunate. The floor of the bus, under the ply-wood, is galvanized tin, not steal. So, we can assume there is no rust and kept the plywood down, which is also in great shape. This will give us a great starting point when we go to put in the rest of the floor.